Adventurers 8 is a Year 3 class taught by Miss Smart.
Hello Year 3, we hope you are looking forward to coming back in September, we will have a great year with lots of fun, laughter and most importantly lots of learning.
You will have Miss Smart as your class teacher and Miss Anderson as your teaching assistant.
This will be a big jump coming up from Year 2, but we will have a great year!
We are really looking forward to teaching you.
- School day starts at 8:45am and finishes at 3:15pm
- Some children will come to school for 8:30 for Phonics- your child will receive a letter if this applies to them
- Drop-off and pick-up for year 3- main buzzer gate (car park entrance)
- KS2 children are entitled to milk, either free or paid. Milk must be paid on Parent Pay- see school office if you need help using Parent Pay
(*more dates may be added later)
Monday 6th & Tuesday 7th September 2021 – INSET days (School closed to pupils)
Wednesday 8th September 2021 – First day of Autumn term- pupils first day back
Monday 13th September 2021 – Dimensions Launch Day (Come to school dressed as an Adventurer)
Tuesday 5th, 12th & 19th October 2021 – Year 3 Road Safety
Tuesday 30th November 2021 – Year 3 trip to OpenZone @ The Word
We will be completing the daily mile everyday as part of our healthy schools approach. As well at that, we have a range of different sports covered by our PE curriculum. This will change each half term/term.
On P.E days, children will need to wear the correct P.E Kit, please see below.
Autumn Term P.E Days
Monday – Swimming at Boldon Comp with Mrs Legg
Wednesday – Dance at school with Cheryl Washbourne
Swimming appropriate kit:
- Swimming costume (no two-pieces)
- Swimming hat/ goggles (optional)
P.E appropriate kit:
- Plain white t-shirt (with or without school logo)
- Navy or black jogging bottoms/leggings or shorts
- Black or white trainers
- School hoodie or plain navy hooded top (optional)
Homework- Reading & Spellings
Reading is really important and helps with all aspects of your learning. You are expected to read 3 times a week at home, this can be by yourself or with an adult. There will be a new reading challenge introduced this year. You will have your own bookmark and will need to collect stickers, there will be a termly reward.
Spellings will be sent out in your reading diaries on a Monday and then a spelling test will take place on a Friday. You can practise your spellings how you like at home; remember you can also use Spelling Shed too.
You will be able to collect Dojo points by demonstrating the schools’ values. Parents can message the class teacher and respond to classroom achievements.
Core Maths & Times Table Rock Stars
In Year 3 we will be focusing daily on mental arithmetic and learning and knowing your times tables. We will be using an exciting program called Times Tables Rock Stars. You will be encouraged to practise at school and at home. You can challenge your friends and you get your own avatar.